Information we collect about you
We collect two types of information about visitors to our Site: Personally Identifiable Information (or "PII") and Non-Personally Identifiable Information (or "Non-PII"). Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a smooth and efficient experience while using our Site.
1. Personally Identifiable Information. This is information that tells us specifics of who you are. PII is requested when you register and set up an account, order a product or service and send us feedback. For example, this information might include your name, billing address, e-mail address, credit card or other payment information, product details, username and password. We use this information for you to register and for us to fill your orders and better provide you with personalized services.
2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information. This refers to information that does not, by itself, identify you or another specific individual. For example, this information may include the Web address of the Site that you just came from, which Web address you go to next, what browser and operating system you are using, and Internet Protocol ("IP") address that identifies your computer. On an aggregated basis, we collect and use for internal purposes anonymous data related to the pages, products and other content that is sampled, clicked on, searched for, transferred from and downloaded.
How we gather information
1. Registering. When you register with us, we collect personally identifiable information from you. For example, to open an account with us, we collect and maintain your name, email address and password as part of the registration/sign-up process.
3. Promotional E-mails. We offer promotional e-mails to our registered users. We will send you e-mails periodically listing current offerings and special deals. However, you may "opt-out" or unsubscribe from our promotional emails by click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail you receive from us. After doing so, you will not receive any promotional e-mails in the future, unless you open a new account or otherwise subsequently sign up to receive them.
4. Customer Service. If you contact us by telephone, e-mail or letter, we may keep a record of your correspondence or comments. If you report a problem with our Site, we may collect such information in a file specific to you. If you contact us through our feedback area or by calling one of our customer service representatives, we may ask for your name and username, e-mail address and order information to send you a reply. If other users send us correspondence about your activities on our Site, we may keep the information in a file specific to you.
5. Site Use. We track users’ traffic patterns throughout their online session, including which pages, information and advertisements they view while using the Site and what products they purchase. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers, software, to administer our Site and to gather demographic information. We also collect information from visitors to our Site regarding the Web sites they came from, domain names (e.g., .com or .org), their IP addresses, the date and time of their visit, the number of visits, the number of visits per browsing session, the server type, the operating system and browser type used to visit the Site, the country and state where their servers are located, the pages and page titles of our Site they view during their visit, whether the visitor's computer is enabled for Java or cookies, browser language, applications and plug-ins, and any search terms entered on our Site.
6. Local Storage. We use data collection devices such as "cookies" (small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive for record-keeping purposes) to assist us in the operation of our Site. Cookies make using the Site easier by, among other things, saving your passwords and preferences for you, helping identify you whenever you return to our Site, and reducing the number of times you are required to enter your password during a session. Most Internet browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. However, you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to alert you when a cookie is being sent (note: you may need to consult your browser's "Help" feature for instructions on how to do that). If you choose to disable your cookie setting or refuse to accept a cookie, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site and you may be required to reenter your password more frequently during a session.
Who we share your information with
1. Order Fulfillment. The information we collect is used for processing orders, keeping you informed about your order status, for statistical purposes, for improving our Site and its performance, and to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you. We will disclose your PII to our third party payment processor, Braintree, to charge your credit card.
3. Compliance with Service of Process or Law Enforcement. We will disclose PII upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation, without prior notice to you, to the extent we deemed necessary to comply with applicable law. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we believe to be unlawful.
4. Sale of the Company. We reserve the right to transfer your Personally Identifiable Information located in our databases in the event that we are sold, in whole or in part, either as an entire entity or through an asset sale, merger, or other method that includes a customer information database. This right is reserved whether or not the customer database is sold independently of any continuing operations of such company.
How to update or correct your Personally Identifiable Information
We believe you should have the ability to access and edit the personal information that you have provided to us. During the online ordering process you can review, change, or delete the information that you have submitted. You may change any of your personal information in your account online at any time by sending us an email to email@example.com. We encourage you to promptly update your information if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, because we keep track of past purchases and Site operations, you cannot delete information associated with past purchases or previous activities on our Site. Also, as a security measure we "back up" the data stored on our systems, and such prior information cannot be completely removed from our databases. As a result, you should not expect that all of your PII will be completely removed from our backed-up databases. Security precautions in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information.
To most efficiently serve you, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third-party banking and processing agents, Braintree. They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process your order. They are responsible for the implementation and supervision of their security systems and safeguards.
Within Pilotly, your information is kept on password protected and encrypted on limited access servers. Wherever possible and applicable, our servers reside behind a firewall that maintains controls on access to the system from the Internet. All passwords and orders are processed on our Site using 256-bit encryption technology, or if less, the highest bit rate encryption your browser can handle.
How We Handle Your Content
Pilotly’s Instant Insights Dashboard allows you to upload copyright protected content that you have legal right to distribute. Once your content is uploaded, we transcode it into the proper format for the Pilotly platform to playback to viewers. In doing this multiple copies of your content are made on our servers, each of which have different characteristics, allowing the Pilotly platform to stream video in high quality to any platform. All content is securely streamed through 128-bit encryption using http-live streaming (HLS) as the conduit for content delivery. Furthermore, we provide optional advanced security measures through Instant Insights Dashboard at your request.
While Pilotly take content security very seriously, we are ultimately not responsible for any Pilotly viewer piracy or illegal activity. You should understand that users who see the content you provide can always save it using any number of techniques: screenshots, in-app functionality, or any other image-capture technology. It is recommended that you utilize our advanced security features if you believe a Pilotly viewer may have reason to attempt duplication of your content.
We store your video for up to 18 months. Thereafter we will compress your video and archive it to save space on our servers. If you would like your video to remain fully accessible through our Instant Insights Dashboard beyond 18-months, please email inquiry@pilotly.
Contacting us about privacy questions or concerns